[Gale] Gale的一篇新采访-2011.8.31 TVaddict(Gale再次谈到Brian Kinney和自己的粉丝)

本帖最后由 cora 于 2011-9-2 14:59 编辑

We Shine the Spotlight on THE SECRET CIRCLE Star Gale Harold
By theTVaddict on August 31st, 2011
原文地址: http://www.thetvaddict.com/2011/ ... e-harold-interview/

翻译 by Cora

Thanks to his star-making role on QUEER AS FOLK, actor Gale Harold knows a thing or two about playing the bad boy. Just don't tell him that.
由于<Queer As Folk>里那个一夜成名的角色,Gale Harold知道扮演坏男孩是一种什么感觉。(可我们还是别当着他的面这么说。)

"Brian Kinney wasn't an a**hole, I just think he didn't care about toeing the line. He wanted to be himself, he simply wasn't willing to take a back seat or entertain anyone else's idea of right and wrong and he didn't hesitate to let that be known," explained Harold when asked during the recent Television Critics Association Press Tour about his penchant for playing the character fans love to hate. "So I don't think he was a bad guy at all. In fact, he was a very very heroic character that took care of himself and lived to be what he thought what he wanted to be."
"Brian Kinney不是一个混蛋,我认为他只是蔑视世俗规矩。他忠于自己,不会让步或者对别人言听计从,而且他也敢于让人家知道他是这样的一个人。"上个月的美国电视评论协会夏季巡回会上,Harold被问到扮演这个让粉丝又爱又恨的角色时,他这样回答。"所以我根本不觉得他是一个坏人。实际上,他是一个非常非常英雄式的人物,他做好自己的事,按自己的原则和理想去活着。"

Luckily for Harold, it's that kind of conviction to one's character that will certainly come in handy as the actor prepares to step into the shoes of Charles Meade, a respected Chance Harbor citizen and father with a witchy agenda of his very own in THE SECRET CIRCLE, the CW's much-anticipated companion piece to THE VAMPIRE DIARIES premiering this Fall. But just what brought the artist formerly known as Brian Kinney back to the small screen in his first regular series gig since Fox's appropriately titled mystery whodunit VANISHED?
对自己的角色这般信任和捍卫,对于Harold诠释下一个角色Charles Meade来说大有裨益。今秋开播的<The Secret Circle>被视为<The Vampire Diaries>的姐妹篇,剧中的Charles Meade是Chance Harbor市的良好市民,一位好父亲,同时他也在盘算着自己的巫师计划。自FOX侦探剧<Vanished>里的主演角色后,究竟是什么吸引了Harold回归小荧幕并担演主要角色呢?

"The bad guy villain gets really boring very quickly, but if you're that bad while being perceived to be that good, everywhere you look there's a potential disaster," said Harold, who equates his character's mission to that of juggling tables in a five star restaurant with a roomful of critics. "If you drop one thing, the entire night can go out the window, so it's interesting because I have to maintain a certain persona in public and in society but that's not really what I want. It's a means to an end. There is a very serious power grab going on — where my character is, at least in the beginning — trying to reignite something through our children that we tried to do ourselves that went horribly wrong. But I'm really still figuring things out."
"一坏到底的坏蛋套路很快就会让人厌倦,但如果所有人都认为你是好人而你却是个坏人的时候,就会感觉处处隐藏杀机了,"Harold还把自己的角色比喻成就像站在一个五星级酒店里当着满屋评判的面玩杂耍的人。"稍有差池你就完蛋了。所以扮演这个角色很有趣,一方面我要在人们面前以正派形象示人,而实际上我在计划着别的事情。剧中有很激烈的势力斗争,我的角色在最开始的时候尝试着通过我们的孩子去挽救我们过去曾经犯下的错。我现在还在琢磨着故事会怎样发展。"

Indeed, 'figuring things out' is something Harold will be doing quite a lot of this Fall. Particularly since the actor has made a conscious decision not to read the L.J. Smith book series on which THE SECRET CIRCLE is based upon in an effort to maintain an element of surprise for both himself as an actor and the audience watching along at home.
事实上,"琢磨故事发展"会是这个秋季Harold要忙活的事情。尤其是当他决定不会去拜读L.J. Smith的<The Secret Circle>原著小说,为的是给他自己和观众留下惊喜。

"I want the audience to be as surprised as I am so I don't want to be indicating by knowing or assuming. And that's the fun part, trying to figure out mythology, the history and what the stakes are because I think it's a lot more dangerous than my character even knows,." said Harold. "What I'm looking forward to most is learning how far down he's going to go, how much trouble he's going to cause and how he's going to get himself out of it. I hope that he really gets under someone's boot so he has to fight himself out of that while all the while trying to be a good father, handle some legal issues and walk down the street smiling. The duality of the role is going to be very fun."
"我想观众(看到剧情发展的时候)和我一样感到惊喜,所以我不会去预先掌握或猜度故事发展。这也是有趣的地方,随着剧情解开谜团,追溯往事和恩怨;我想事情会比Charles所知道的还要危险得多," Harold说道,"我最期待知道的是Charles究竟会走多深入,他究竟会带来什么麻烦然后又怎样去解决它。我希望他真能搅起个混局,努力从中脱身,同时扮演一个好父亲,处理些法律事务,走在大街上依然笑容可掬。这个双面角色一定很有趣。"

Considerably less fun, at least for the intensely private actor, is returning to the glowing spotlight of series television. A spotlight that thanks to Twitter, Facebook and the likes has magnified ten-fold since his time on QUEER AS FOLK.
不那么有趣的事情可能是—尤其是对于一位这么低调的演员来说—回归到大家的热切注视下。自QAF的成功之后,Twitter,Facebook和其他社交网络的出现令粉丝对他的关注热度无限放大。

"If someone wants to call you out they can three million times a second and they never have to answer for it, so that can be a little weird." admitted Harold. "But there's nothing wrong with a passionate fan base, ever, because that's why we're doing this. At the same time, the media lends itself to extreme passion because it's so accessible all the time. I'm very flattered, I'm very pleased, I just hope the fans understand that it's like a partnership. As much as you want, I can only give so much."
"如果有人想要对你评头品足的话,他们可以这样做—一秒钟三百万次都可以,而且他们不必为此负任何责任。所以那会感觉有点奇怪(大概指受瞩目或被狂热喜爱)。"Harold承认,"可是一个热诚的fan base本身是没有任何错的,因为那正是为什么我们今天在做这样的事 (指演艺业)。同时,媒体的高度发达和无处不在也促成了这种狂热。我深感荣幸,我也很高兴,我只是希望粉丝们明白这就像一个合伙关系(partnership)。无论你们想要的是多少,我能给的只是这么多。"

THE SECRET CIRCLE premieres on the CW this Thursday September 15th at 9pm (Friday September 16th at 9PM on MuchMusic in Canada) and stars Brittany Robertson, Thomas Dekker, Gale Harold, Natasha Henstridge, Phoebe Tonkin, Logan Browning, Ashley Crow, Shelley Hennig and Adam Harrington.
<The Secret Circle>将于9月15日星期四晚上9点首播。

粉丝们,至于你们明白没有,反正他是明白了{:3_275:}

评分人数

• sandy_6836

Brian Kinney不是一个混蛋,我认为他只是蔑视世俗规矩。他忠于自己,不会让步或者对别人言听计从,而且他也敢于让人家知道他是这样的一个人

:s34As much as you want, I can only give so much
清醒理性的GALE

又有Gale的新采访了 好开心~~~

能在第一时间看到GALE的新消息真的很高兴!
另外,谢谢大人的翻译~

真不容易看到GALE的采访啊,尤其是这么多年后再谈到Brian Kinney。好激动

好高興看到他的訪問
期待他的新戲

希望戲份多一點

真不容易看到GALE的采访啊,尤其是这么多年后再谈到Brian Kinney。好激动
nininey 发表于 2011-9-1 17:53

沒錯
沒錯

看到Gale自己親口談  brian  令人激動呀

谢谢cora大人的翻译

Gale有新剧上映了,好激动。等着。

让我想起了一把火的歌词。。。。。。。。。。。。。赞。。。。。。。。。

谢谢大人的翻译

总感觉这个采访很久之前就做过了呢
每次采访说的话也都差不多的。。。。。。。same old, same yada

说实话关于Charles的评论他说的都差不多,特别是说到他不看原著的时候我就觉得好笑,像Gale本尊高中就看William Burroughs,把Ayn Rand的<Fountainhead>视为最喜欢的作品之一的美国大学文学专业生,会看那种青春偶像小说吗......{:3_209:}
这篇采访的亮点还是在于他对BK和粉丝的看法...嗯{:3_233:}

说实话关于Charles的评论他说的都差不多,特别是说到他不看原著的时候我就觉得好笑,像Gale本尊高中就看Wil ...
cora 发表于 2011-9-1 23:02

同意

回复 15# gulinara
你每次的回帖都很精辟简练 哈哈{:3_267:}

回复 16# cora

不太喜欢啰嗦))

我觉得gale说他对fans的感觉非常精确,精准。
确实能给的只有这么多,虽然我们想的有很多。
辛苦啦~

佢係一個好專業演員.............love u gale

"partnership",I like this word~~:s34

叔的这句partnership,让偶想起了宝贝在以色列接受采访时也说过,为毛 为什么说滴都是别人啊!

大叔近几年成熟很多了,我想起来他第二季接受采访的时候,就好像被人掐住脖子一样,说话都说不完整,本来我看的时候觉得没什么,看完了我就觉得gr一定有问题了,可见他是一个多么不善于表达自己的人了

这次看到他的回答,很成熟,而且,他在变相的说,bj是bj,gr是gr,我不可能想你们想象的变弯,然后跟宝贝happy ending,哎~ whatever

低调而且坦诚的一个男人:”无论你们想要的是多少,我能给的只是这么多“

最近粉囧宝, 忍不住会对比他们俩.
论外形和年纪, GALE其实还是颇有优势,但是囧宝的个性却是大占便宜.
看囧宝的每个访谈都不会觉得闷,即便报了N多次料的故事,他也能讲出不同的趣味。也许娱乐圈还是要囧宝这种没皮没脸(没有贬义)的家伙才能感觉如鱼得水吧, GALE还是太内向了. 真是有点可惜.

• 三国群英传私服
  •